The #ActuallyAutistic Culture and Identity Project S51
Name, and/or twitter handle:
Rabia Shay @rahxrahster
Age when you selfdx/were diagnosed autistic: 33
1. Did you feel you were different from others as a child?
2. Are your parents supportive of you as an autistic individual? N/A
3. How did you determine your ethical system?
Spirituality and my faith & relationship with Christ.
4. In which way does your private self differ from your outward facing front?
5. Do you enjoy finding mistakes/errors in the production of films and television...continuity etc.?
Sometimes. It fascinates me.
6. What are the top 3 traits you look for in a friend?
Loyalty. Honesty. Compassionate.
7. What are the top 3 traits you perceive as negative but are willing to overlook in a friend?
Unpunctual. Impulsivity. Compulsive.
8. What are the top traits you look for in a partner/traits your partner possesses?
Honesty. Loyalty. Empathy.
9. What would you do with your life if you had unlimited funds?
10. What does freedom mean to you. What does it entail?
Being in the most rawest state within oneself without judgement and live whilst living out loud.
11. What does success mean to you?
Living the best way possible, leaving each person and place better than you found them.
12. Are you more stable/happier/productive within the structure of a relationship... partner/good friend/long-term roommate?
Yes, when I'm not in "unbothered" mode. I require solitude and I'm happiest finding the balance of that while being in a relationship.
13. Do you find it stressful to be around other parents at school functions?
14. How often do you pretend to not see people you know if you don’t want to talk?
I used to do it all the time when I was younger and in a way not much has changed. I'll say hello but I'm not always up for conversation. I detest small talk. What's even the point?
15. In which areas do you identify the most with other autistic people?
Socially...rather the lack there of. Sensory issues. Being misunderstood. Not feeling like there's a place I belong.
16. What are the most stressful aspects of parenting an autistic child as an autistic caregiver?
17. What are the top 5 things you want your children to know about the world and why?
18. Does living off the grid appeal to you and why/why not?
Sometimes...bc there are times being on the grid is just too much.
19. What is your favorite style of architecture and why?
Foundation. Without a proper one the whole thing is faulty and isn't very stable.