The #ActuallyAutistic Culture and Identity Project S36
Name, and/or twitter handle: chromesthesia
Pronouns: they them
Parent/non-parent: non parent
Age when you selfdx/were diagnosed autistic:
1. Did you feel you were different from others as a child? Yes
2. Are your parents supportive of you as an autistic individual?
3. How did you determine your ethical system?
From books like Wise Child
4. In which way does your private self differ from your outward facing front? They are almost the same but I cuss more in private
5. Do you enjoy finding mistakes/errors in the production of films and television...continuity etc.?
6. What are the top 3 traits you look for in a friend?
Kindness, not a conservative, good taste in music
7. What are the top 3 traits you perceive as negative but are willing to overlook in a friend?
Bad taste in music, but it's subjective, judgmentalness because sometimes you have to judge, hmm not sure
8. What are the top traits you look for in a partner/traits your partner possesses?
9. What would you do with your life if you had unlimited funds?
Help my sad friends. Buy a lot of musical instruments
10. What does freedom mean to you. What does it entail?
Letting people live how they want even if I don't approve
11. What does success mean to you?
Doing well on many levels like financially and emotionally
12. Are you more stable/happier/productive within the structure of a relationship...partner/good friend/long-term roommate?
Hmm I do not know. It is good to have good friends.
13. Do you find it stressful to be around other parents at school functions?
14. How often do you pretend to not see people you know if you don’t want to talk?
Never I guess
15. In which areas do you identify the most with other autistic people?
Having problems connecting socially and sensory issues
16. What are the most stressful aspects of parenting an autistic child as an autistic caregiver?
17. What are the top 5 things you want your children to know about the world and why?
18. Does living off the grid appeal to you and why/why not?
Somewhat but then I'd have to do so much for myself and I do not have the energy due to chronic pain
19. What is your favorite style of architecture and why?
Gothic because I'm so goth. And it's sharp and pretty and has rose windows and cool statues